The need for more Tummy Team Trained Practitioners worldwide is great. Most of the professionals that reach out to us are not within reasonable travel distance to train with us in person. For these reasons, we have designed a professional apprenticeship program that can be done completely online through a combination of online courses, 1:1 training eSessions (virtual appointments), and an online professional forum. We can work with you wherever you live.
We strongly believe that practitioners should fully experience our approach and the nature of our online programs before deciding if they should teach them. On the outside, our approach may seem simplistic or even common sense to a professional, but once experienced personally you can feel the impact in your own life. Practitioners are far more effective in helping clients through the rehab process when they have done it personally. Our ultimate goal in providing professional training is to create more functional core rehabilitation specialists, and this is how we feel it is best to achieve that goal. However, the good news is that these courses are still qualified to receive CEUs.
Our apprentice agreement is simply to clearly explain the proper use of our training materials, as well as to protect your business and ours. It is good practice information but also ensures that you represent The Tummy Team in the way we hope. VIEW SAMPLE AGREEMENT
One of the reasons we require professionals to start with a rehab course is so that you fully understand our approach and teaching style prior to committing to financial and time investment in our training. However, if you begin your training and realize this is not what you wanted, we will work with you to determine the best way to adjust your program and fees accordingly.
We recommend all professionals begin with our client rehab courses to fully understand The Tummy Team approach and personally experience the systematic way we train clients. However, our client rehab courses are packed with enough education that each qualifies for CEUs. So the “CEU Package” courses simply include a post-test and documentation for various medical and fitness credentialing boards if you would like to receive credit for standard rehab courses. However, our CEU Courses are designed only for professionals. They are the next step to your education and teach professionals the “why” behind everything we do with clients. The CEU Courses will take you through the training needed to implement our functional core rehab approach with your clients.
We train more than 8 different professions in over 20 countries, which makes it very difficult to maintain accreditation with the various agencies. We have found that the majority of accreditation bodies will accept courses for credits when the course content is within the scope of practice of that practitioner, and the course outline, objectives, and proof of completion has been provided. We provide the information about our courses and the instructors needed, as well as adequate testing with a certificate of completion. We ask for each practitioner to submit the required content to their credentialing agencies for credits.
Our client rehab courses are prerequisites to our CEU courses. We have found that practitioners are far more effective when they can personally experience the sequencing and timing of our approach, rather than just soaking up education. Our goal is not to simply provide continuing education credits, but to develop a well-trained community of functional rehab specialists. Completing the rehab in the same manner as clients is an essential component to fully understanding the neuromuscular re-education process that makes our approach so successful.
Part of the effectiveness of our approach is in how one component builds on the previous component. The timeline we implement in our rehab courses encourages steady progress through the rehab program, as well as ensures the optimal success for each client. All of our courses are owned by The Tummy Team, not by the client or practitioner. We are constantly updating and improving our programs as we receive feedback on the learning process. While course access expires, there are downloads you can retain and of course, any notes you take are yours to keep. One of the benefits of becoming an Endorsed Professional is receiving ongoing access to rehab courses for review.
You are allowed two attempts to obtain 80% or better on your course. If you do not pass and want to obtain credit for your test, you will need to purchase a professional training eSession with Kelly Dean to review the content and ensure that you understand the material.
- Promotion of you and your practice on our website: We post your picture, bio and contact information so clients in your area can locate you.
- Referrals: All clients who make a purchase from our website that is within 50 miles of your clinic will receive an email from The Tummy Team letting them know that you are a Tummy Team Trained Professional in their area who could help them in person.
- Access to The Tummy Team online client courses: Many professionals will encourage their clients to enroll in our online program and see them personally throughout for supplemental visits. This allows you to see what the clients see. Additionally, if you wanted to further your training, working through the content in these programs would be the first step.
- 50% Off any additional CEU courses.
- Ongoing access to CEU courses you have completed.
- Bigger discount on wholesale splints: The general wholesale discount on bulk (quantity of 12+) orders of splints is 25%. Endorsed professionals will receive 35% off.
- Monthly professional training webinars.
- Access to the library of past professional training webinars.
- 35% personal discount code for your clients to do online programs. (Example: Core Foundations is regularly $199. Your clients will get it for $129.35).
- 15% professional affiliate payout. (For every purchase of Core Foundations, you receive a $19 commission)
- Access to our professional Facebook forum for clinic tips, questions, and more.
- A community of clinicians from around the world for collaboration and support.
- Access to The Tummy Team resources: HEP index cards, educational materials, pre-appointment videos, our private client forum, power point presentations, promotional materials, and more.
- Ability to use The Tummy Team endorsed logo on your website, at your clinic and in your promotion.